Downers Grove (Illinois USA)
- William (Bill) Waldack, born in 1950,
has lived with Judy, his wife of 30 years, in Downers Grove since 1985.
They have two children, Jeff and Sara. There are also a number of
extended family members who also live in Downers Grove and Chicago.
- Bill graduated from DePaul University
with a degree in Political Science in 1972. In 1988, he completed the
Executive Development Program at the University of Iowa. He retired from
AT&T as a Budget Manager in Global Real Estate in 1995.
- Bill has always been involved in his
community serving as Downers Grove Chairman of the Subcommittee on
Alternative Transportation, Vice President, Chicago Afffiliate for the
Foundation Fighting Blindness and is currently the
Vice Chair of the DuPage County Inter-Agency Paratransit Coordinating
Council (IAPCC), Chairs the Consumer Advisory Committee and is a member
of the Executive and Operations Committee. In this capacity, Bill has
met and worked with a number of officials and community leaders in
- Bill has served as the South DuPage
CROP Walk Treasurer for the last nine years.
- Bill serves as a substitute teacher
at Downers Grove North and South High Schools
- Bill is an active parishioner at St.
Josephs Parish and teaches Religious Education
- Previous positions include being on
the Board of Chicagos Travelers and Immigrants Aid and Vice President of
its International Adoptions Board.
- He is elected as commissioner in